Clearing Things Up

The penultimate step in your student life is getting your clearance papers signed-off by the different units here at the Asian Institute of Management.

The clearance process is like your final mini-tour of the campus since you have to go the different offices that are spread all over the campus. You'll go to accounting, the dormitory, the Information & Communications Technology (ICT) office, the library, the cashier's office, the MBA program, and the Student Services, Admissions & Registration (SSAR) office. Once you finally get a sign-off from all of them, you are as good as graduated.

I finished mine early this week after I finished my Management Research Report. I saw a few of my friends yesterday who were in the process of getting cleared and, out of boredom, I joined them in their little "quest."

I realized that non-locals have an easier time getting cleared because they can use the excuse that they'll be leaving the country soon. In effect, the staff doing the sign-off becomes a little more "relaxed" and so "nit-picky" during the clearance process. One lady I yesterday (I won't name her here) was with was able to convince, not one, but two sign-offs before the required validation. (Well, she did provide the requirements afterwards.)

--

Since students have virtually "graduated" after the clearance process, one of my friends who won't be attending the official graduation ceremonies had her "graduation" rites yesterday. Here's to you Nina:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making the Grade

Getting Admitted to the MBA Program

Good Bye, Dorm Life