Job Application Rejection Letter


This early on my pursuit of continuing to establish my career, I've already gotten some negative replies in a matter of days of submitting my resume to a company. Here's one letter that's sitting in my inbox as of late:
Dear Regnard,

Thank you for your application with [name of companny].

We have given due consideration to your credentials and career aspirations and were impressed with what you have to offer us. However, we regret to inform you that we are unable to identify a suitable job match for you at this point in time.

We greatly appreciate your interest in [name of company] and wish you all the best to your career.
You gotta like how they want to give me a "graceful exit" by buttering me up with a compliment before laying down the boom. Sheesh.

A former professor once told me that MBA graduates send out 400 resumes to companies before they get "The Job To End All Jobs." If that's the going rate, I still have a lot to go and even a lot more rejections to receive. Ugh!

Comments

It took me 5 years to get the job I wanted =)
Unknown said…
Hi Aileen,

Thanks for the comment. I'll take that positively. :P
Anonymous said…
Hi Sir Regnard,

You're blog has been a 'God-send' to me. Thank you for this. I like to ask what's the average 'R.O.I.' after graduating from an AIM MBA particularly the batches or cohorts succeeding yours?

Hope to see you soon.

Thank you Sir.

Best Regards,

Joms
Regnard said…
I would say ROI is quite good, but you have to also keep in mind what your baseline is (current salary).

It wouldn't be farfetched to expect an ROI in 1-3 years, conservatively speaking.

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Admitted to the MBA Program

Making the Grade

My Experience with the Embassy of India in Manila