March 2, 2009

Plan B


Well its been building up inside of me
For oh I dont know how long
I dont know why
But I keep thinking
Something's bound to go wrong

- The Beach Boys, "Don't Worry Baby"
It's March 2009. Two months after the MBA graduation, nothing much has changed since December 2008-- the world's economy is still in the dumps and the career opportunities seem to follow the trail down the drain.

Among the things I leaned while studying at the Asian Institute of Management is the value of making plans, after all, it's one of the main tasks of a manager. I drew up some some sketchy plans on what I'll be doing around this time, and I anticipated the economic situation somehow. I figured that opportunities will pickup sometime toward the end of the first quarter, but to my disdain, it's slower than expected. Much, much slower. Sometimes, it gets a little discouraging, even for someone of my optimism (or denial? :P).

But when things don't go according to plan, it's easy to sink to a funk and withdraw. But I guess I learned to suck it up and seek elsewhere when things aren't happening for me. (Right now, things are really NOT happening for me).

Better draft Plan B.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Regnard,

Have you seen this forum?

http://aimbloggers.ownforum.org

Are you part of this?

Great Initiative!

At least now, everyone can talk about AIM.

Anna

Jeppe said...

Well, if nothing seems to come to you I can recommend traveling as a greaet way of spending your idle time ;o)

Should you find your way to Europe and maybe even Denmark, let me know ;o)

Cheers,
Jeppe