Pre-MBA Registered

AIM Nameplate
I just registered for the Pre-MBA course at the Asian Institute of Management (AIM). The Pre-MBA is a course recommended for incoming MBA students with limited exposure to business subjects such as accounting and finance. The two-week course will run from July 23-August 3, 2007.

Given my background in Engineering and Information Technology, it was an easy decisions for the AIM folks to recommend me for this course. I absolutely have zero background in accounting and a limited working knowledge of financial matters. I see myself struggling from the get go.

The course is free, but I had to pay for the required book for this course. The textbook that will be used is Financial Accounting (Paperback 13th Edition, by Williams et al.). The reading assignments have been given and I have browsed thought the material-- pretty different stuff from I've done before.

Also, if you're wondering what's with the grainy image in this blog post, it's a web cam capture of my nameplate. Each student at AIM has a nameplate which is placed where he/she is located in the caseroom. (Classrooms are called caserooms in AIM).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making the Grade

Getting Admitted to the MBA Program

My Experience with the Embassy of India in Manila