I'll be Speaking at WordCamp Philippines 2008


Thanks to Andrew Dela Serna, I got an invite to speak at the country’s biggest WordPress event next month: WordCamp Philippines 2008. The Manila leg will be held on September 6 (Saturday), at the College of Saint Benilde in Taft Avenue, Manila.

I’ll be talking about Web Standards and how the WordPress blogging platform fits into the puzzle. (My Web Standards blog is powered by WordPress, by the way.) I’ll also touch on stuff like Usability and some little Web Accessibility to complete the loop. Of course, since the audience will be a mixed bag of bloggers and non-bloggers, I may have to make the talk very easy to follow with the least possible jargon. Well, I’m guessing  by the time I give my talk, everyone in the audience would already have been bombarded by geekspeak. (See the WordCamp schedule)

September is going to be a busy month on the speaking front for me because there are other events on the pipeline. I’ll keep everyone posted. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making the Grade

Getting Admitted to the MBA Program

My Experience with the Embassy of India in Manila