Tapped Out


If my stay in AIM is a TV series, this day would be the season-ender for the first season. Here's why I think so:
  1. After today, us MBA freshies will have a one week break, where we will be back on October 1st.
  2. Also, this day also set-up what we have in store when we come back. We got our case packs and three new subjects will be introduced to us: Financial Management 1 (FM1), Operations Management (OM) and Management Control (MCP).
  3. The past few days have been full of tension, both from the academic and non-academic fronts. This situation is a perfect fit for Hollywood-style tension building-- lots of question marks, some bits of drama and intrigue. It makes you look forward what going to happen next.
With all this going on, I feel my energy level is at a low. From the school work point of view, we had a lot on our plate this past week: we had two Language of Business (LOB) quizzes, I had my speech in Management Communication (MC) and covering ground for our CAN group's Marketing Management (MM) project and the lecture by WTO Director-General Pascal Lamy. (It's a lot and to think that we had our Economics moved to after the break.)

Even more draining are the results so far: I got a low score in the first LOB quiz for the week (a measly 14/30), I have been struggling with the Economics classes under our Microeconomics professor, Dr. Patt Lontoc, and my I felt I bombed in my last LOB quiz. I also have been getting less and less sleep by the day. It's really enough to put anybody in a mean funk and want to tap out.

So, with today's "season-ender," I hope things will get better as soon as the break is over.

--

Silver linings: The week has its share of good news, though. I got a nice grade in our last Quantitative Analysis (QA) exam (17/20) and my speech in MC had very favorable reviews.

--

Admission Tip: I've just learned that the admission essay questions have been cut from 14 to 4. That's a great thing for applicants for the next batch of MBA students.

--

It's Final: Our batch is officially been designated as MBA 2009, as declared by Associate Dean Ricky Lim. We hopefully graduate on December 2008, but I guess for consistency (since the seniors this year are the official 2008 graduating batch), we get the 2009 label.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making the Grade

Getting Admitted to the MBA Program

My Experience with the Embassy of India in Manila