Light over Darkness


Darkness:

I have plenty of reasons to be gloomy and glum these past few days.

First off, the academics part. It seems I have found my new nemesis for this batch of subjects: Management of Cost and Profit (MCP) under Prof. Mau Bolante.

The subject is not hard in itself, but the exams are a bit tedious and you have to take note of the details. My oversight in the last MCP quiz got me a score of 2/12! I really find it hard to believe that a couple of months ago, I was lamenting my low quiz scores in Language of Business (LOB) under Prof. Larry Tan. Give me a time machine and bring me back to the Pre-MBA days, and I'm sure I'll really kick butt in Financial Accounting.

This past week has been exam-heavy. Two Financial Management (FM) exams and an Economics exam were reasons of our sleepless nights this week. I already got my score for the first of two FM quizzes for the week and I got a not-so-sterling 10/20.

I've also been preoccupied by non-school matters-- I moved out of the dorm, I've been coordinating the repair of not one, but two vehicles that figured in separate major accidents I was in and of course, personal issues that make life a whole lot interesting. Heck, a close friend even told me that I seem to enjoy being in miserable situations. Perfect.


Light:

This week has its downs, but it also has its ups.

I'm glad our Marketing Management (MM) class is back. Our class kinda missed Prof. Joe Miranda's quips and witty one-liners, and it's a breath of fresh air from our quantitative courses. But the cavalry is still coming as next week, our learning team's mentor, Prof. Jun Borromeo, will be back for our Human Behavior in Organizations (HBO).

I'm also looking at the bright side of my move outside of the dorm. Since I left, I've been hanging out more at the Zen Garden and Library, which really forces me to study and at least do some reading, as opposed to being holed up in my room, with the irresistible temptation of napping. I;ve also had the chance to talk to more people.

Finally, I'm thankful and hopeful this week winds down with not so much work and some well-deserved rest. Perfect.

Happy Diwali!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Admitted to the MBA Program

Making the Grade

My Experience with the Embassy of India in Manila